Newington, CT

cyborggym@gmail.com

www.nautilustattoo.com

Monday, March 7, 2011

Davids Dagger Doodle



Ok, so this one needs a lot of back story.  About maybe 2 years ago we hired David Page at Nautilus Tattoo.  Super nice dude who does amazing tattoos.  Kind of reminded me of Buddy the Elf with a love of horribly offensive jokes.   One day David was showing me his folder of drawings that people never came in to get tattooed and he pulled out one that gave me a boner.

So about 3 weeks later he tattooed it on my stomach.  The outline took about 6 hours to complete. This is what it looked like:


I love hair bras by the way... Anywho, we never got to finish it because David moved back to St. louis maybe 2 weeks after we got the outline done.

So maybe a year and half passes and I stayed in pretty constant contact with David.  He ended up painting this super insano painting and I got this in the mail one day:

  Its massive, its colorful, its just my type!

Then I decided to get my stomach fucking finished.  Enough time had passed and figured should just man up and have it worked on again.  SOOOOO I booked a flight down and had myself an appointment.  But I was determined to have something equally awesome painted for David.  So, I started sketching and after working for a few weeks I had this painted up:



I mailed it off to him and a few days later I got an email from him pretty much saying "THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME! I LOVE IT!  YOU NEED TO BE TATTOOING WITHIN A YEAR"

This is definetly my biggest undertaking so far with watercolor.  Its probably 18 by 25 inchs... maybe bigger.



p.s.  as a side note I flew down to St louis and got tattooed for 12 motherfucking gump ass hours!  This by the way is what I looked like, a completely fried out individual who had no idea or comprehension of what was going on by the end of this session... Thank you David and I hope to see yea back at Nautilus and working beside you once again!